The Sacred Nest is a calm, welcoming space especially created to be an inclusive environment for carers and their families. ‘The nest’ offers carers a special place to rest, recharge and rebalance in tranquil, natural surroundings. Every element has been carefully chosen to construct a singular ‘sacred’ space that soothes the senses, and in turn the mind and the body. For more information on its unique design, click here.
Cynthia Bartolo is the creator of The Sacred Nest and says: “I am a carer, and we all know that the journey can be isolating and lonely, so I designed a space where carers not only take time for themselves, but also feel a real sense of belonging. My journey has led me to many experiences and onto further my studies in a variety of fields. I incorporate these into the services and programs provided. I offer you what I have found most useful for me and my family with compassion and understanding”.
Cynthia’s aim is to support fellow carers on their journey to wellbeing for themselves, their family and the person/s they are caring for.
The Sacred Nest focuses on the following goals:
- To reconnect carers with Nature for greater calm, within an inclusive space
- To connect with other carers and their families through the monthly Carer Wellbeing Circle
- To provide services that Nurture carers towards relaxation, balance and improved wellbeing through Stillness Meditation or Therapeutic Touch Practices
- To support carers to Nourish themselves, their families and the people they care for through Gut-Brain Nutrition consultations, support programs and workshops
- To guide carers to create more natural, sensory-friendly spaces in their own home
- To provide the opportunity to unwind and enjoy a variety of wellbeing workshops.
Please view our Calendar for a list of upcoming circles and workshops.
For links to oganisations that can provided support for carers, go to CARER RESOURCES.