WEDNESDAY EVENINGS @ 7.30 pm – 9.30pm (monthly)
Allow yourself time to rest, enjoy a cuppa and connect with other carers. The groups main focus is to share wellbeing strategies to support you with the extra demands that caring brings.
Each month will explore a new topic, with guest speakers attending at different times throughout the year depending on group interests. The setting is relaxed with time for discussion and a relaxation session towards the end of the circle which combines Stillness Meditation and Therapeutic Touch practices.
All carers are welcome, but bookings are essential on 0417 500 197.
- August 25th 2021
- September 22 2021
- October 20 2021
For links to organisations that can provided support for carers, go to CARER RESOURCES.
ABOUT THE VENUE
The Sacred Nest is a calm, welcoming space especially created to be an inclusive environment for carers and their families. ‘The nest’ offers carers a special place to rest, recharge and re-balance in tranquil, natural surroundings. Every element has been carefully chosen to construct a singular ‘sacred’ space that soothes the senses, and in turn the mind and the body. For more information on its unique design, click here.
Cynthia Bartolo is the creator of The Sacred Nest and says: “I am a carer, and we all know that the journey can be isolating and lonely, so I designed a space where carers not only take time for themselves, but also feel a real sense of belonging. My journey has led me to many experiences and onto further my studies in a variety of fields. I incorporate these into the services and programs provided. I offer you what I have found most useful for me and my family with compassion and understanding”.
Cynthia’s aim is to support fellow carers on their journey to wellbeing for themselves, their family and the person/s they are caring for.
The Sacred Nest focuses on the following goals:
- To reconnect carers with Nature for greater calm, within an inclusive space
- To connect with other carers and their families through the monthly Carer Wellbeing Circle
- To provide services that Nurture carers towards relaxation, balance and improved wellbeing through Stillness Meditation or Therapeutic Touch® Practices
- To support carers to Nourish themselves, their families and the people they care for through Nutrition Coaching , support programs and workshops
- To guide carers to create more natural, sensory-friendly spaces in their own home