The iLs Focus Program is a training program that incorporates Polyvagal Theory and neuroplasticity to re-wire the brain through specific and repeated stimulation. As in building strength and endurance with physical exercise, we are able to build neurological pathways and synaptic activity at any age. It is a multi-sensory, “bottom-up” approach that is ideal for clients who wish to enhance their physical coordination, emotional regulation and learning outcomes.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
The iLs Focus Program can be used from pre-school children to adults and the elderly. It can help improve the following areas:
- Attention and concentration
- Social engagement
- Emotional regulation and behaviour
- Learning and memory
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression and trauma responses
- Auditory Processing
- Sensory processing and body organisation
- Motor coordination and balance
- Sleep Issues
- Developmental disorders such as Autism and ADHD
For information on how the Focus Program influences different conditions, click here.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Sessions involve the stimulation of multiple senses at the same time, which promotes better sensory integration, balance and body awareness – which are the foundations of learning. Without this foundation, more complex functions such motor coordination, attention, language and social skills cannot develop fully.
Each 60 minute session incorporates four components:
- Scientifically filtered, calming music – to stimulate hearing and the vagus nerve
- Bone conduction headphones – to stimulate the vestibular/balance system via subtle vibration
- Movement and Balance activities – to stimulate motor pathways, balance and coordination
- Cognitive activities – to stimulate the brain and learning
The activities are engaged for 15-20 minutes of the session and are tailored to each clients interests, abilities and goals. The remaining time is spent doing quiet activities of choice whilst listening to the remainder of the music.
- Calming Program
- Concentration & Attention
- Reading & Auditory Processing
- Sensory & Motor Program
- Optimal Performance I & II
Greater results are obtained with regular sessions, a frequency of 2-3 sessions a week is recommended.
VIDEO LINKS: for more information on Polyvagal Theory: ‘The Science of Feeling Safe’
BROCHURE LINKS: for more information on Polyvagal Theory: :‘The Polyvagal Theory and You‘ and ‘Why Effective Processing and Regulation are the Essential Foundation for Health’
WHERE IS IT DELIVERED?
As the delivery environment is important to the success of the intervention, the iLS Focus Program is delivered in the sensory calming environment of The Sacred Nest. It can also be tailored for delivery in schools or other settings.