This service is designed for individuals and families who would like to explore how they can improve their health and wellbeing through food and nutrition.
Our modern lifestyle has seen a gradual shift over the decades from consuming mostly home-cooked meals using fresh ingredients, to purchased meals and highly processed ingredients.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Processed foods are often high in ingredients that are inflammatory to the gut, which research shows can impact overall health, mood, behaviour and learning.
If you need help now, and can’t wait for several years for research to filter down to mainstream healthcare, we can help you!
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Everyone can benefit from improving their nutrition and gut health. Clients may be wanting to manage a long standing health condition, improve their attention and focus, or just be a healthier version of themselves.
Through our understanding of the Gut-Brain Axis, improving your gut health can help with the following:
- Headaches & Migraines
- Focus & Memory
- Learning & Behavioural difficulties
- Mood disorders, Anxiety & Depression
- Food Intolerance and sensitivity
- Chronic Constipation &/or Diarrhea
If you have a complex medical condition, we can work with your existing Dietician to support you to achieve your goals. Alternatively, we can set up a program with our colleague Marieke Rodenstein, who is a Dietician and Functional Medicine Practitioner.
Food & Mood is a program provided by Cynthia Bartolo, who is an Associate Nutritionist and Food Scientist, with additional experience and training in gut health. Cynthia also has extensive experience with mental health, neurodiversity and disability, as a mother and carer of children with additional needs. With over 15 years of experience in a variety of food industries, Cynthia can support you in 2 key areas:
- Coaching & Education on current research on the Gut-Brain Axis and its impact on the mind and body; understanding food labels and health claims; food additive functions and what to avoid; inflammatory vs anti-inflammatory foods; gut bacteria and their functions etc.
- Shopping & Cooking Support to implement changes that are sustainable for you and your family. Persons with NDIS funding can claim this as a support service.