Cynthia Bartolo has always had an enquiring mind. When her daughter experienced digestive issues related to food intolerances, as well as significant learning difficulties, she applied her 15 years of experience in the food industry as a scientist to researching the gut and how it impacts mood, behaviour, memory and learning via the Gut-Brain Axis.
After her years as a Quality Assurance Specialist working for small businesses and large multi-national companies, she gained a position on a research team that gave her valuable insight into the research process. She learnt a great deal about the Enteric (gut) Nervous System and the gut microbiome (bacteria) and their impact on the health of not only the gut but the entire body.
Since then her training has taken her to attain certification as a GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Practitioner. She has more recently completed a post graduate certificate in nutrition to compliment her extensive knowledge in the field of diet and nutrition. Through The Nourished Nest, her aim is to guide and support people to make informed choices to improve their gut health and overall wellbeing. She is also passionate about using her skills to implement systems across different departments to provide a unique nutrition service to schools and other organisations, through The Nourished School program.
Cynthia has also undertaken training in neuroscience and sensory processing which inspired her to create the calming experience within The Sacred Nest. She also applies this knowledge into all of her programs and services.
“As a scientist with an analytical mind and in my role as a mother and carer of children with additional needs, the regular practice of these two modalities have given me the ability to calm down and to bring my nervous system back into balance. This has had a positive flow on effect to my children. I have no doubt that my ability to remain resilient and positive in my role as a carer is attributed to my experiences with Therapeutic Touch and Stillness Meditation Therapy.”
“The Sacred Nest supports the whole person. This is achieved through The Nourished Nest program which combines nutrition with tips on how to create healthier living spaces to achieve better gut health for greater wellbeing. I am passionate about sharing this experience to help you lead healthier and enriched lives for your benefit, your families and your community. “
- Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition, Deakin University, 2019 – 2020
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Food Science & Technology), RMIT University, 1991 – 1994
- Certified Gut & Psychology Syndrome(GAPS) Practitioner, Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride, 2017 & 2018
- Quality Assurance Specialist, various Food Industries, 1995 – 2013
- ‘Healthy Bowels Study’, (MCRI) Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, 2013 – 2015
- Neurophysiology (single unit), University of Melbourne, 2015
- NeuroPhysics Therapy (principles), Robina, QLD, 2015
- Neural Engagement Therapy & Training (NETT Foundations), Robina QLD, 2017
- Stillness Meditation Therapy (SMT) Teacher Training, Pauline McKinnon, SMT Centre, Kew 2018 – 2020
- Therapeutic Touch Foundations, Intermediate & Mentorship Training, (TTAA) Therapeutic Touch Association of Australasia, 2015 – 2019
- Radiation Assessment and Shielding, Geovital Academy, 2016
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Full member of Nutrition Australia
- Full member of CGP Grads (for certified GAPS Practitioners)
- Full member of The Meditation Association of Australia
- Full member of (SMT) Stillness Meditation Therapy Australia
- Full member and QTTPA – (TTAA) Therapeutic Touch Association of Australasia
- Committee Member(General) of the (TTAA) Therapeutic Touch Association of Australasia